In the previous post, we saw “What is a workflow in the Atlassian Jira Cloud?“. Now we will see the types of workflow in the Jira cloud instance.
Table of Contents hide
Types of Workflow
There are 2 types of workflow in Jira.
- An Active workflow is a workflow that is currently associated with one or more projects (Issue types)
- You can edit workflow in 2 modes one is Diagram mode, which usually we always use for editing.
- 2nd one is Text mode edit which can also be used for editing.
- IF you want to edit an Active workflow Jira first creates a Draft of it.
- Once you finished editing your workflow you need to publish it.
- IF you will not publish it will be saved as a Draft.
- While publishing it will ask if you want to save your original workflow as a backup.
- The below screenshot shows the Active workflow in Diagram view and it’s associated with 1 project.
Below Screen shot show Jira workflow in text view
Inactive workflow is a workflow that is not associated with any project or issue type.
- You can edit inactive workflow as there is no association or transition with any other projects or issue types.
- The below screen shows the inactive workflow in our instance in Diagrmatic view
- Below screen shows inactive workflow in Text mode view.
Note: We can edit workflow as per our convenience, there is no rule specified like you have to follow diagram edit or Text. It totally depends upon you.
If you found this article useful please provide your valuable feedback in the below comment box EduTaxTuber!
For Latest Updates & Learning Join Our YouTube Channel: Join Now