In the previous post, we saw “Understanding Basic Terms in the Jira Project- Part 1”. Now we will see some more basic terms in the Jira projects.
We already knew how to create a project and also the basic setting of the project now let’s see all the components or basic terms in the Project
Go to project setting as explained in the previous post. We will directly jump into the basic terms
- Click on project setting and then click on details as shown in below screen
- In the details view, we can see the project name (It’s the same name that we used while creating a project and we can also rename it if needed)
- project key will be displayed just below the project name and the key should be always unique.
- It will be displayed the initial project key in every issue which we are going to create.
- For example, in our case, it will be DP12-1,2,3 here DP12 is the project key and 1,2,3 will be the issue key
- you can also provide your project URL in the URL section like “https://abcxyz.com
- you can also provide project category as per your business need.
- Project category is used if you have multiple projects which are belonging the same category then you can specify the category as per your requirement.
- We can also set Avtar of the project by clicking select image as shown below
- once you selected any Avtar just click on it your Avtar will be selected
- we can also upload the Avtar from local machine if we don’t want to use default Avtar
- Just click on upload new Avtar and select from your local machine and your Avtar will be uploaded.
- We can also specify project leader and assignee.
- In people section you can add your team members who will be the part of project and specify the roles for them as shown in below screen
- Click on Add people and select users to whom you want to add as shown in below screen:
- once you click on Add person will be added in your project as shown in below screen:
- Click on automation as shown in below screen
- In automation section we can automate the stuff project related which we want
- like creating automatic issue, notifying to the users and commenting in the issue once status changed.
- We are going to look into details in the automation details articles.
- Summary will display all the detailed component. Click on summary as shown below screen
- In below slide we can see details of project summary
- There are so many other terms like roles, workflow, permission schema, notification schema that we will see in details in upcoming articles.
If you found this article useful please provide your valuable feedback in the below comment box EduTaxTuber!