GST Refund Help Desk in the office of Pr. CCA, CBIC
The new update on GST portal regarding setup of GST Refund Help Desk in the office of Pr. CCA, CBIC.
1. The office of Pr. CCA, CBIC has setup a ‘GST Refund Help Desk’ for addressing payment-related problems faced by the taxpayers. Contact details of the Help Desk is as under:
Name of Nodal Officer : Ms Anita Rawat, Accounts Officer
Toll Free Helpline Number : 1800-11-1424
Mail ID : email@example.com
For payment/disbursement related issues in their refund application, the taxpayers are informed to contact this GST Refund helpdesk.
The GST Refund help desk is setup to resolve query related to payment/disbursement in the refund application. The taxpayers must contact on the above given details if they face issue related to their refund application.
To get refund of ITC on account of exports without payment of Tax, you may comply with the activities as specified below:
1. You have to file refund application in Form GST RFD-01 at GST Portal. You can file for refund of multiple tax periods in one refund application.
2. You have to provide turnover of Zero-Rated supplies and Adjusted Total Turnover for the period refund is sought for.
3. The Net ITC in table “Computation of Refund to be claimed” is auto-populated by the system and can be edited downwards considering net ITC availed for the heads of CGST/SGST/IGST together and Cess, in the return for the respective tax period for which refund is claimed, excluding any ITC related to Capital Goods, transition ITC that may have been posted in the ledger on account of transition ITC claims in the said period as well as refund claimed under Rule 89(4A) (deemed export) and/ or (4B) (merchant exporter or export).
4. System will auto calculate the eligible refund amount and post in the last column of table “Maximum refund amount to be claimed”.
5. The applicant should ensure that the amount being claimed as Refund does not exceed such that:
- the amount in each head is equal to or lower than the balance in each head of Electronic credit ledger;
- the total refund amount must not exceed the “Maximum Refund amount to be claimed” in Statement 3A; and
- the total refund amount must not exceed the amount calculated at the aggregate level (IGST+CGST+SGST) in the table “Balance in Electronic Credit Ledger at the end of tax period for which refund is claimed”.
6. Applicant has to be careful while furnishing values in Form GST RFD-01, as no rectification in application is allowed after its filling and must ensure that:
- Applicant has to ensure that they have filed the Form GSTR-1 and Form GSTR- 3B for the all the tax periods pertaining to which Refund is claimed.
- They must have exported goods/service on account of which they are claiming ITC refund. In case of Export of Goods, tax payer shall provide Shipping Bill and EGM details.
- In case of export of services, they should have obtained FIRC/BRC from the concerned bank for receipt of foreign exchange.
7. Once Application Reference Number (ARN) is generated, refund application filed will be assigned to Jurisdictional Refund Processing Officer for processing. Refund applicant can track the status of refund application filed using “Track Application status” functionality on the portal.
8. The Invoice details given under Form GSTR-1 (Table 6A of Form GSTR-1) and as given in refund statement must be same.
Join EduTaxTuber Network for the Latest updates on Income Tax, GST, Company Law, Stock Market and other related subjects.
Also, read other articles @ EduTaxTuber