The Securities Exchange Board of India (SEBI) advises existing investors to link their PAN with the Aadhaar number prior to Sept 30, 2021. Read the full press release by the SEBI.
Linking of PAN with Aadhaar
1. As per Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) notification G.S.R 112(E) dated February 13, 2020, the Permanent Account Number (PAN) of a person allotted as on July 01, 2017 shall become inoperative if it is not linked with Aadhaar by September 30, 2021 or any other date specified by CBDT.
2. Since, PAN is sole identification number for all transactions in the Securities Market, in view of the said CBDT notification, all SEBI registered entities including Market Infrastructure Institutions (MIIs) should ensure compliance of said notification and accept onlyoperativePAN (i.e., linked with Aadhaar number) by the client while opening new accounts post-September 30, 2021 or any other date specified by CBDT.
3. Also, all the existing investors are advised to ensure linking of their PAN with Aadhaar number prior to Sept 30, 2021 or any other date specified by CBDT for continual and smooth transactions in the securities market and to avoid any consequences of non-compliance of said notification on their transactions in securities market.
September 03, 2021
Also, read other articles @ EduTaxTuber
7th September 2021
The due date for deposit of Tax deducted/collected for the month of August, 2021. However, all sum deducted/collected by an office of the government shall be paid to the credit of the Central Government on the same day where tax is paid without production of an Income-tax Challan.
14th September 2021
- Due date for issue of TDS Certificate for tax deducted under section 194-IA in the month of July, 2021
- Due date for issue of TDS Certificate for tax deducted under section 194-IB in the month of July, 2021
- Due date for issue of TDS Certificate for tax deducted under section 194M in the month of July, 2021