The form 26AS ( Tax Credit Statement) shows the various taxes deducted/paid on an individual’s income from/through the various sources. Before filing Income Tax Return it is necessary to match TDS as per form 26AS and form 16/16A (as per the applicable case). It includes the details of the following:
- Tax Deducted At Source (TDS)
- Tax Collected At Source (TCS)
- Advance Tax/Self Assessment Tax Paid
- Regular Tax
- Tax Refund details for Assessment Year, etc.
Steps to view form 26AS
- Visit the Income Tax e-filing portal i.e. https://www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/home
- Login to e-Filing portal by entering user ID (PAN), Password, captcha code and click “Login”.
- Go to the “My Account” menu, click the ‘View form 26AS (Tax Credit)’ link
- Read the disclaimer, click ‘confirm’ user will be redirected to the TDS-CPC portal
- In the TDS-CPC Portal, Agree with the acceptance of usage. Click ‘Proceed’
- Click on the link ‘View Tax Credit (Form 26AS)’
- Select the ‘Assessment Year’ and ‘View As’ (HTML or Text)
- Click ‘View/ Download’
👉 To export the form 26AS as PDF, view it as HTML then click on ‘Export as PDF’.
👉You can also export to excel by downloading a “text” zip file. For exporting in excel you need to use “Text to Column”
So to avoid notices from the Income Tax Department it is very necessary to match TDS deducted and claimed while filing Income Tax Return. TDS deducted and TDS claimed should match form 26AS.
Are you able to view/ download your Form 26AS? If you have any issue in downloading Form 26AS, please do write your reply in the comment box.