In the previous post, we have already seen how to register to Jira cloud. Now we will see how to create and manage users in Jira?
User management Setting
In Jira users will be managed by Jira Administrators. Admin can control/decide what end users can do within the Jira project. now let’s see how users can be created/Managed.
Please follow the below steps:
- Once you logged in you need to click on “Setting” you will be able to see below the option “User management” as shown in the below screen:
- After clicking on “User management” option you will be able to see below screen:
In above steps we see “User management” option now we will see how we can add users.
- If you are in the server version then you can synchronize your employee users’ data using LDAP or you can create users in Jira internal directory. Here we are using the cloud version so we need to invite users as shown in the below screen:
- Once you click o Invite users team member will get added to your Jira instance.
- If you need to export all the Jira team members/ users you can click on “Export users” as shown in below screen:
- In the above screen we can see export option and in that if we want to export only Active users then we can select only Active users.
- If we need all the users then we need to select all the users either they are Active or Inactive.
- Once you have selected your option click on Download file.
To check if user invited you will be able to see in the “Users” option in “Administrative” tab as shown in below screen:
Congratulation, you have successfully, invited to your team members. Now your team member will be able to access Jira instance.
If you found this article useful please provide your valuable feedback in the below comment box EduTaxTuber!