SYNOPSIS: Link Aadhar with Pan by Paying penalty of Rs. 1,000. Pan and Aadhar linking date extended.
Linking Aadhar with PAN is now mandatory as per the Section 139AA of the Income Tax Act, if you have not linked yet now then still you have a chance to link pan with Aadhar till 31st March 2023 with a penalty of Rs. 1000.
In this article, we will learn how to link Aadhar with PAN. Before linking PAN you must check the status.
Before Linking Check Status
What you should do before linking aadhar with the pan? Check the status on the e-filing portal
- Visit the e-filing portal
- click on the Link Aadhar Status
- Enter PAN and Aadhar and click on the “View Link aadhar Status”
Now you will get a popup
1. If your aadhar is linked with the pan you will get the message “Your PAN ADXXXXXX3R is already linked to given Aadhaar 50XXXXXXXX44”
2. If not linked then you will get a message that your aadhar is not linked with pan and you will get the option of “Continue With Payment”.
Steps to Link Aadhar With PAN
1. Visit the e-filing portal as below shown
2. Click on the Link Aadhar as below shown in the image
3. Now you will be redirected to “Link Aadhar” tab, here you need to enter PAN and Aadhar Number after that click on the validate button.
4. Click on the Continue to Pay Through e-Pay Tax
Now you will be redirected to e-pay tax as below shown. Enter your PAN, Confirm PAN and any Mobile number to receive OTP
You will receive OTP and validate the same, after that you need to click on the continue button to pay tax/penalty for linking pan with aadhar.
Now you need to click on the Proceed on the Income Tax box as below shown
5. Select AY (2023-24) and Type of Payment as Other Receipts (500) and Continue.
6. The Applicable amount will be pre-filled against Others and click Continue
Now, challan will be generated. On the next screen you have to select the mode of payment after selecting the mode of payment you will be re-directed to the Bank website/payment gateway where you can make the payment. You can also make payment using UPI.
You will receive payment details on mobile and registered e-mail id. after successful payment you will be back to the download challan option, challan will look like the below shown
Link Aadhar With PAN
Go to e-filing portal home page and click on Link Aadhaar under Quick links.
Enter the PAN and Aadhaar and click on Validate
You will get the popup message, if payment is synched with portal otherwise wait for 1 to 5 minutes then try again as below shown. Click on the continue to complete linking process.
Now you need to Enter the mandatory details as required and click on Link Aadhaar
After click on the “Link Aadhar” you will receive OTP, validate the otp
You will get the popup message that “Your request for Aadhar-PAN Linking has been sent to UIDAI for validation. Please check the status later by clicking on “Link Aadhar Status” link on home page.
Watch the video to Check PAN and Aadhar Linking Status
31 March 2023
You need to visit e-filing portal to link pan with Aadhar.
Yes, it is mandatory to link pan with Aadhar otherwise you will not able to perform your financial operations smoothly.
Till now it is not waived.
Watch the video to do the same: https://youtube.com/shorts/t7vYKzuIt7g?feature=share