For filing Income Tax Return you need to download the ITR form after that fill the same form and upload it to the e-filing portal ( if not using any software else there is no need to download the ITR form).
Steps to Download Income Tax Return Forms:
Step 1: Go to the Income Tax India website
Step 2: Under the “Download” section select “ITR Return Preparation Software” after that click on “Continue”.
Step 3: After clicking on “Continue” read the instructions carefully and select “Assessment Year”.
Instruction for use of offline utilities:
- Select the Assessment Year
- Download either excel or Java utility. The utility by default will get downloaded in your system ‘download’ folder in a compressed mode (ZIP file)
- Extract (un-compress) the zip file containing the utilities. The folder will be extracted in the same location where the compressed utility was downloaded. Open the utility and start filling.
- Excel Utilities: Macro enabled MS-Office Excel version 2010/2013/2016 on Microsoft Windows 7 / 8 /10 with .Net Framework (3.5 & above)
- Java Utilities: Microsoft Windows 7/8/10, Linux, and Mac OS 10.x with JRE (Java Runtime Environment) Version 8 with the latest updates.
JRE can be downloaded from https://java.com/en/download/
Step 4: Now you can download the ITR form. You can either download the Excel version or the Java utility.
After downloading the form you need to extract it to your desired folder and now you can open the form.
If You have any queries related to the Income Tax Return Form please do write in the below comment box.🤔✨