After learning about the basic history and features of python now we will learn about how to download and install python.
Step-by-step guide to download Python in Windows 10
Downloading and installing python in windows 10 is very easy process. Follow the below steps:
- Go to the Official website of python Download Python | Python.org as shown in the below screen:
2. Here we are downloading the latest version 3.9.0. There are multiple release versions available in python you can download as per your need, Below given table for other release versions:
|Python||Maintenance status||First released||End of support|
Installing Python in Windows 10
Once you have downloaded the python exe file follow the below steps:
- Go to the folder where you have downloaded, usually it will be in Download folder.
- you can install it by double click on exe file OR click on right click and then Open /Run as administrator as shown in below screen:
3. once you clicked on open/Install you will be able to see 2 paths one you can install in the local path and 2nd you can select custom installation as shown in below screens:
4. click on install now as shown in below screen status in progress of installation:
5. you have installed IDE successfully and then click on close:
Check installation done successfully!
Once you have installed python successfully you can check if your installation is working properly or not.
Go to your start windows and select Python IDLE as shown in below screen shot:
If you will be able to open the IDLE which means you have successfully installed your python. for example simple “hello world” printing
Adding Python in the environmental variable
Go to your PC and right click on This PC and select Properties as shown in screen:
Click on properties and select Advanced system setting as shown below:
Select Environment variable:
In environment variable click on “New” or “Edit” , if your path has been selected during the installation then you don’t need to follow this steps.
Put variable name as “Path” and variable value is where you have installed your actual python-like “C:\Users\Abc\Python\Python39
Finally you have set up your path successfully. To check it go to command prompt and enter “Python” as shown in below screen:
You will be able to see Python installed version.
Congratulation you have successfully installed python and set the environment variable.
If you found this article useful please provide your valuable feedback in the below comment box EduTaxTuber!