How to Delete or Remove Members from the Group in Jira
In the previous post, we have already seen, how to create groups and add members Now we will see “How to Delete or Remove Members from the Group in Jira??”.
If we want to delete a group, then first we need to search if that group exists or not!
To search group in Jira please follow the below steps:
- Go to Jira Admin and click on “User management” as shown in below screen
- Once you selected “User management” then click on “Groups” and you will be able to land on the below screen:
- After selecting “Groups” now you are on the “Groups” page and you need to search your “Group” which you want to search. In our case we are searching for the “Development” group as shown below:
- We are able to see “Development” group as shown in below screen. Now we need to go ahead for deletion.
Removing a member from the Group
- After searching the groups now we are going ahead to remove members from groups.
- So the next step is to select “Development” group as shown below:
- On the above screen, we are able to see the “Development” group and in that group, there is one member.
- Now click on the “Remove” option and then it will ask for confirmation. you need to confirm as shown in the below screen:
How to Delete & Remove Members from the Group in Jira
- Click on Remove. Member has been removed successfully from the “Development” group as shown in below screen there is 0 member in the group
Deletion of Group
Now we have successfully removed members from the Group and our “Development” group is empty. So we can go ahead with deletion as shown in the below screen:
- Confirm the deletion “Delete group” and your group will be deleted successfully as shown in below screen:
NOTE: you cannot delete a group if there are members available in the group. Whenever you are going deletion of Group please make sure “Group” should be empty.
Congratulation you have successfully removed members and deleted groups in Jira.
If you found this article useful please provide your valuable feedback in the below comment box EduTaxTuber!