In the previous post, we have already seen, managing users in Jira, Now we will see “How to Create Groups and Add Members in Jira?”.
What is Jira Group?
In Jira, we create groups to manage the collection of users in a more efficient way. we can use the group for various purpose as per the business need like:
- To allow application/Software access to users
- Granting filter access and dashboards
- Grant global permission and project-specific
- Integration with project roles etc.
Default groups in Jira
By default it provides 2 main groups which is applicable only for Jira software.
- Jira- administrators: This group has all the permission to manage all the functionality globally as well as at a project level.
- it is a member of the Administrators’ project role as well as Jira System admin permission.
- Jira- Software users: This group is basically used for providing application access and based on business need it has project admin permission.
- With this permission, the user can perform most of the project admin-level tasks.
- Like searching for users, creating and managing shared filters, Dashboards, Bulk change and manage group filter permission.
More groups can be created and manage as per business need.
Creation of group
- Login to your Jira instance.
- Go to Setting and click on User management as shown in below screen
- Once you clicked on “User management” select “Groups” as shown in below screen
- Now click on “Create group” and provide group name, description as shown in the below screen:
- Group created with name “Development” as shown in below screen:
Adding team members to the group
We have successfully created a group now we will add team members to the group
- Open the group as shown in below and click on “Add members” and provide “Group-name” later click on “Add”.
- you have successfully added member in the group as shown in below screen
Congratulation, we have successfully created groups and added members to the group.
If you found this article useful please provide your valuable feedback in the below comment box EduTaxTuber!