In the previous post, we saw “How to Activate/Associate Jira Workflow with project?“. Now we will see how to create a workflow and add statues, transition in Jira.
How to create a workflow?
To create a workflow we need Jira admin permission first. IF we have admin permission then only we can go for workflow creation.
Please follow the below steps:
- Go to Setting (Jira Admin option) and click on it.
- Select Issues as shown below screenshot:
- Once you clicked on “Issues” below screen will be open and then you need to select workflow
- When you will select “Workflow” below screen will be open
- Now click on “Add workflows” and provide workflow name and description as shown in below screen
- Once you will click on “Add” your workflow will be created and it will be inactive mode as shown in below screen:
How to Add Statues in workflow?
- Since we have already created inactive workflow now we need to add Statues
- By default inactive workflow will be in edit mode.
- IF you are opening any inactive workflow then you need to click on Edit as shown in below screen:
- Now we are going to add statues in an inactive mode in the Diagram view
- Click on “Add Status” and provide “Status name”
- Here we are going to add the “In progress” status and click on “Add” as shown in below screen:
In Progress status has been added successfully as shown in below screen.
- In the same way, we can add as many statuses as per our business requirement
- Without Transition, the workflow will not complete.
How to Add Transitions in workflow?
- Since we have created the “In Progress” workflow but still there is no transition for it.
- So we will create transitions from Open to In progress
- Click on any dots from Open Status and then Drag and drop to In progress status as shown in the below screen
- Now we need to provide transitions name as shown in below screen
- Once you click on Add button transitions will be added successfully as shown in below screen
Now we have successfully created workflow and added status and transition on it.
NOTE: To activate this workflow follow the previous article
If you found this article useful please provide your valuable feedback in the below comment box EduTaxTuber!
For Latest Updates & Learning Join Our YouTube Channel: Join Now