When you are working on some documents in MS Word and you need to do some calculations then you need Excel help to do calculations.
In MS Word there is no option to do calculations nor in excel there is an option to convert excel files into word.
So, In this Excel tutorial, you will learn many ways to copy Excel Table to MS Word document.
Copy Paste The Table (Excel to MS Word)
It is a very simple way to get tables from Excel to Word. But the disadvantage is that if there is any formula in the excel table it will not work in MS Word or it will not update in MS Word.
Let’s do this:
Suppose you have a Table regarding Tax late fees and interest as shown below and you want to present it before the tax authorities then you need to prepare a table in excel and paste it in word.
To do that:
1. Select the table, copy it using the shortcut key (CTRL + C in Windows or Command + C in Mac), or right-click to copy it. After the copy table area will be highlighted.
2. Open the MS Word and click where you want to paste it.
3. Go to “Home” tab and click on Paste option or use shortcut key “CTRL + V”
This option will keep soure formatting
Paste Table as Link
In the same way copy from Excel and to paste it in word go to ‘Home’ tab and click on the paste below icon and select the option “Link and Keep Source formatting”.
The benefit of this option is that If you update the Excel table it will automatically update in MS Word.
If for any reason your data doesn’t update in real-time, right-click on the table and click on the ‘Update Link’ option
Paste as Static Image
1. Copy the table form Excel and open your MS Word document go to “Home”.
2. From “Home” tab click on the paste below option and select the “Picture”