Add Bank Account in GST Registration Details
A functionality to check status of bank account details update for the taxpayers who have taken new registration at GST Portal but have not yet furnished the same, has been introduced, in view of Rule 10A of the CGST Rules 2017. Such taxpayers are required to update their Bank Account Details within 45 days of the first login henceforth.
The taxpayers may login and update Bank Account details through Non-core amendment in the manner as specified in the below table. In case the taxpayers who had not updated bank account after registration and are also failed to update within 45 days of their first login henceforth, the system will prompt and force them to comply with the requirements.
- Login to the taxpayer portal
- Go to ‘Services’
- Click on ‘Registration’
- Click on the tab ‘Amendment of Registration Non-Core Fields’
- Select tab ‘Bank Accounts’
- Add details of Bank Account (Account No., IFSC, Address, Bank Account type)
- Click on the verification tab, select authorized signatory, enter a place
- Sign application using DSC, E-sign or EVC
After completion of Bank Account update, a success message will appear on the screen, and the acknowledgment will be sent at the registered email and mobile phone.
Source: GST Website