The Goods and Service Tax Networks (GSTN) has resumed the Blocking of E-Way Bill (EWB) generation facility.
The blocking of E-way bill generation facility had been temporarily suspended by Government on account of Covid pandemic. In terms of Rule 138 E (a) and (b) of the CGST Rules, 2017, the E Way Bill generation facility of a person is liable to be restricted, in case the person fails to file their return in Form GSTR-3B / statement in CMP-08, for consecutive two tax periods or more, whether Monthly or Quarterly.
The blocking of EWB generation facility has now resumed on the EWB portal for all the taxpayers. Going forward, from the tax period August, 2021 onwards, the System will periodically check the status of returns filed in Form GSTR-3B or the statements filed in Form GST CMP-08 as per the regular procedure followed before pandemic, and block the generation of EWBs as per rule.
To avail EWB generation facility on EWB Portal on a continuous basis, you are, therefore, advised to file your pending GSTR 3B returns/ CMP-08 Statement on regular basis.
Why my GSTIN is blocked for the E-Way Bill generation facility?
Your GSTIN will be blocked for E-Way Bill generation facility in case, you have failed to file Form GSTR-3B return / Statement in FORM CMP-08, for last two or more consecutive tax periods.
How can my E-Way Bill generation facility be unblocked?
Your E-Way Bill generation facility would be automatically unblocked on the EWB Portal, if you file your GSTR-3B Return / Statement in FORM CMP-08 and the default in Return filing is reduced to less than two tax periods. You may also file online request for unblocking of E-Way Bill generation facility, in Form GST EWB 05, to your jurisdictional tax official.
How can I submit application for unblocking of E-Way Bill generation facility and what is the process followed once the application is submitted?
You can submit application for unblocking of an E-Way Bill generation facility through an online request, citing the grounds, why your facility may be un-blocked along with the supporting documents, if any, to your Jurisdictional Tax Official.
The steps below explain the complete process that is being followed, after the application for unblocking of E-Way Bill generation is submitted.
- Your GSTIN will get blocked for E-Way Bill generation facility in case, you have failed to file Form GSTR-3B return / Statement in FORM CMP-08, for last two or more consecutive tax periods.
- Thereafter taxpayer may submit the application for unblocking of E-way Bill generation facility along with the supporting documents to the Jurisdictional Tax Official.
- The Tax official receives the application for unblocking of E-Way bill generation and issues a Personal Hearing notice against the application.
- The taxpayer can view the Personal Hearing Notice issued by the Tax official. The taxpayer can file a reply, attach required documents, and submit it either using DSC or EVC.
- The Tax official then issues order against the application considering the supported documents attached by the taxpayer. The tax official can issue either accept or reject order against the application.
- In case the Tax officer issues Order of Acceptance for unblocking application, the facility to generate E-way bill against that particular GSTIN will get unblocked, upto the validity period given in the order.
- In case the Tax officer issues Order of Rejection for unblocking application, the facility to generate E-way bill against that particular GSTIN will remain blocked and will be treated as closed status for that ARN.
Note: The tax official cannot reject an application without issuing Persona Hearing Notice against the application submitted.
- The taxpayer can view the orders issued by the tax official in the ORDERS tab of Case Details page. Also, system would send the intimation to the Taxpayer via email and SMS. GST Portal
Also, read other articles @ EduTaxTuber
We are here to help for every updates related to everything…👍📙👍📗