GSTN Advisory: The Goods and Service Tax Network (GSTN) Issued advisory on the Upcoming changes in GSTR – 3B.
The Government vide Notification No. 14/2022 – Central Tax dated 05th July, 2022 has notified few changes in Table 4 of Form GSTR-3B requiring taxpayers to report information on ITC correctly availed, reversal thereof and declaring ineligible ITC in Table 4 of GSTR-3B. The detailed Notification can be viewed by below:
GSTN Issued Advisory on GSTR-3B
The notified changes in Table 4 of GSTR-3B are being implemented on the GST Portal and will be available shortly. Until these changes are implemented on the GST Portal, taxpayers are advised to continue to report their ITC availment, reversal of ITC and ineligible ITC as per the current practice.
The taxpayers will be duly informed once these changes are made available on the GST Portal.
GSTR-3B is a simplified summary return on monthly basis.It Contains details of all outward supplies made, inward supplies received and input tax credit claimed, along with details of the tax liability and taxes paid.
All normal taxpayers and casual taxpayers are required to file Form GSTR-3B.
Filing of Form GSTR-3B is mandatory for all normal and casual taxpayers, (Nil Return) even if there is no business in that particular tax period.
GSTR-1 is the return to be furnished by all “Registered persons including Casual Registered person” except:
- Non-resident Taxable Person (NRTP) (GSTR-5);
- Input Service Distributor (ISD).(GSTR-6);
- Online Information and Database Access or Retrieval Services (GSTR-5A);
- Person covered under Composition Scheme (GSTR-4);
- Person Deducting Tax Deducted at Source (TDS) (GSTR-7);
- Person Collecting Tax Collected at Source (GSTR-8).
Note: Because these taxpayers need to file return other than GSTR-1, as shown above.
GSTR-1 is the return containing details of all outward supplies ( Sales made or services rendered during that tax period) of goods and services made.
GSTR-9 (Annual Return)
- GSTR-9 is an Annual return. It is to be filed by the registered taxpayers who were regular taxpayers, including SEZ units and SEZ developers. The taxpayer need to furnish details of purchases, sales, input tax credit or refund claimed or demand created etc.
- The due date for filing Form GSTR-9 for a particular financial year is 31st December of the subsequent financial year or as extended by Government through notification from time to time.
- GSTR-9 is to be filed by all taxpayers registered under GST except :
- Composition taxpayers are required to file Annual Return in Form GSTR-9A.
- Annual Return is not required to be filed by casual taxpayer / Non Resident taxpayer / ISD