The Goods and Service Tax Network (GSTN) Issued an advisory for taxpayers on form GSTR -2B.
Advisory for taxpayers on Form GSTR-2B
1. Form GSTR-2B is an auto-drafted ITC statement which is generated for every normal taxpayer on the basis of the information furnished by their suppliers in their respective GSTR-1/IFF, GSTR-5 (non-resident taxable person) and GSTR-6 (input service distributor). This statement indicates availability and non-availability of input tax credit to the taxpayer against each document filed by their suppliers and is made available to the taxpayers in the afternoon of the 14th of every month.
FORM GSTR-2B – Advisory
1. What is GSTR-2B?
2. When it is generated and made available to taxpayer?
It may be noted that process of GSTR-2B generation starts after ending of IFF, GSTR-5 and GSTR-6 due date on 13th midnight and therefore GSTR-2B can be made available to the taxpayer in the afternoon of 14th of the month. Further, GSTR-2B is a static statement and is made available for each month on the 14th day of the succeeding month. For example, for the month of July 2020, the statement was generated and made available to the registered person on 14 th August 2020. Details of all the documents in GSTR-2B is made available online as well as through download facility.
3.What are the inputs of GSTR-2B?
• All the B2B information/documents filed by suppliers in their monthly or quarterly GSTR-1, IFF and GSTR-5 filed by NRTP taxpayers.
• Information filed by ISD taxpayers in their GSTR-6.
• Information of ITC of IGST paid on import of goods filed in ICEGATE.
4. What is the cut-off dates for GSTR-2B generation?
• For monthly GSTR-1 filers, any GSTR-1 filed between the due date of furnishing for previous month (M-1) to the due date of furnishing of GSTR-1 for the current month (M). For example, GSTR-2B generated for the month of Jan, 2021 contains the details of all the documents filed by suppliers in their monthly GSTR-1 from 00:00 hours on 12th Jan, 2020 to 23:59 hours on 11th Feb
• For quarterly GSTR-1/IFF, GSTR-5 and 6 filers, any IFF/GSTR-1/5 and GSTR-6 filed between the due date for previous month (M-1) to the due date of furnishing for the current month (M). For example, GSTR-2B generated for the month of Jan, 2021 contains the details of all the documents filed by suppliers in their quarterly GSTR-1/IFF, GSTR-5 and 6 from 00:00 hours on 14
th Jan, 2021 to 23:59 hours on 13th Feb 2021.
• The documents furnished by the supplier in any GSTR-1/IFF, GSTR-5 and 6 would reflect in the next open GSTR-2B of the recipient irrespective of the date of issuance of the concerned document. For example, if a supplier furnishes a document INV-1 dt. 15.05.2020 in the FORM GSTR-1 for the month of July, 2020 filed on 11th August 2020, the details of INV-1, dt. 15.05.2020 will get reflected in GSTR-2B of July 2020 (generated on 12th August 2020) and not in the GSTR-2B of May, 2020.
5. What should be done if IGST of imports is not featuring in GSTR-2B?
GSTR-2B also contains information on import of goods from the ICEGATE system including inward supplies of goods received from Special Economic Zones Units / Developers. This is made available from GSTR-2B of August 2020. In case any Bill of entry is not being reflected in your GSTR-2B, then you can fetch the missing records from ICEGATE by a self-service functionality provided by GSTN. A detailed advisory is already issued in this respect which can be accessed at
2. Please click on below links to access additional content related to Form GSTR-2B:
- https://tutorial.gst.gov.in/downloads/news/updated advisory_gstr_2b_12_10_2021.pdf – for detailed advisory
2) https://tutorial.gst.gov.in/userguide/returns/index.htm#t=Manual_gstr2b.htm –for User Manual
3) https://tutorial.gst.gov.in/userguide/returns/index.htm#t=FAQ_gstr2b.htm – for FAQs
Also read the other articles @ EduTaxTuber
GST E-Invoicing has been reduced to Rs. 5 Crore starting from August 1, 2023
GSTN Introduces New facility to verify document Reference Number (RFN)
CBIC reduces late fees under section 47 in GST: Notification no. 07/2023
Amnesty scheme for deemed withdrawal of assessment orders issued under Section 62
CBIC amended notification no. 27/2022 dated 26.12.2022
Amendment in CGST Rules : Notification No. 04/2023
Notification No. 03/23: Extension of time limit for application for revocation
Notification No. 02/2023: GST Late Fee Waived for GSTR -4
How to Find GST Rates: GST Rates for Goods & Services
GSTIN Advisory on opting for payment of tax under the forward charge mechanism by GTA
We are here to help for every updates related to everything…👍📙👍📗