In this article, we will see how we can check Income Tax Return (ITR) Status. If you have filed your return and your TDS is deducted and you have claimed TDS as a refund. Then you must track your ITR status.
The ITR Status service is available (pre-login and post-login) to the following registered users:
- All taxpayers for ITRs filed against their PAN
- Authorized Signatory, ERI, and Representative Assessee for ITRs filed by them in such a role
This service allows the above users to view the details of the ITRs filed:
- View and download the ITR-V Acknowledgement, uploaded JSON (from the offline utility), complete ITR form in PDF, and intimation order
- View the return(s) pending for verification
Prerequisites for availing of this service
- At least one ITR filed on the e-Filing portal with valid acknowledgement number
- Valid mobile number for OTP
- Registered user on the e-Filing portal with valid user ID and password
- At least one ITR filed on the e-Filing portal
1 ITR Status (Pre-Login)
Step 1: Go to the e-Filing portal homepage.
Step 2: Click Income Tax Return (ITR) Status.
Step 3: On the Income Tax Return (ITR) Status page, enter your acknowledgement number and a valid mobile number and click Continue.
Step 4: Enter the 6-digit OTP received on your mobile number entered in Step 3 and click Submit.
- OTP will be valid for 15 minutes only.
- You have 3 attempts to enter the correct OTP.
- The OTP expiry countdown timer on screen tells you when the OTP will expire.
- On clicking Resend OTP, a new OTP will be generated and sent.
ITR Status (Post-Login)
Step 1: Log in to the e-Filing portal using your valid user ID and password.
Step 2: Click e-File > Income Tax Returns > View Filed Returns.
Step 3: On the View Filed Returns page, you will be able to view all the returns filed by you. You will be able to download the ITR-V Acknowledgement, uploaded JSON (from the offline utility), complete ITR form in PDF, and intimation order (by using the options on the right-hand side).
- Click Filter to view your filed returns based on different criteria (AY or Filing Type).
- Click Export to Excel to export your returns data to excel format.
Click View Details to view the life cycle of the return and action items related to it (e.g., returns pending for e-Verification).
We are here to help for every updates related to everything…👍📙👍📗