Dell is hiring for the post of “Software Senior Engineer” in PUNE, INDIA. Explore More Opportunities: Find More Opportunities
We are among the world’s leading technology companies helping to transform people’s lives with extraordinary capabilities. From hybrid cloud solutions to high- …About Dell
At Dell EMC, you will have the opportunity to turn your ideas into a career with the world’s largest Storage and Data Protection provider. As per IDC, Dell EMC is the #1 provider for purpose built backup appliance (PBBA) with 67% market share. Our Data Protection portfolio consists of highly integrated and industry-leading products and technologies that will change the way companies approach the protection and availability of their data and applications. Data Domain is an industry leader to provide best-of-breed solution for backup and archival needs. It provides disk based data protection with excellent storage efficiency using it’s unique In-line Data De-Duplication technology.
Employment type: Full-Time
Location: PUNE, INDIA.
Primary tasks will involve design, development/implementation for functionality, fix defects, evaluation and profiling, analysis, and documentation of analytical experiments that model the anticipated performance of product concepts and enhancements.
- Design, document, implement and test protocol/file system software.
- Work in a distributed-team environment using Agile methodologies
- Exercise considerable latitude in determining technical objectives, without appreciable direction
- Debug, diagnose product defects, code fix and test resolutions
Qualification | Experience | Skills
- BS/ MS / BTech/BE in Computer Science, related degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 4 years of experience in development/performance Engineering – preferably from Storage technology background
- Linux/Unix background, Backup technology
- Systems programming, multi-threading, algorithms, data structures experience
- Experience with one or more of the following programming languages: C, C++, Python, Perl, sh/bash scripting
- Strong problem-solving skills and solid debugging skills
- Strong Unix/Linux knowledge.
- Multithreading, multitasking, memory mgmt., network stack, synchronization mechanisms and locking knowledge
- Knowledge in storage protocols like NFS, CIFS, S3 is a plus
- RPC knowledge is a plus
- Excellent communication skills and proven cross-team collaboration experience.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, self-directed environment. Smart, hands on, willing to learn quickly and move the project forward
- Experience in using a tracking system in agile development like JIRA and source control like Perforce, Gits preferable
If you want to apply for the job click on the “Apply” button and submit your online application. For More details click here
Explore More Opportunities: Find More Opportunities